We love and welcome visitors who wish to see our sanctuary, meet our wolves and wolfdogs, and learn about these remarkable animals.
All Visits are by Appointment Only!
Please call 936-597-WOLF (9653) to schedule an appointment.
Days often fill up quickly, so try to call a number of days or weeks in advance if you can.
The Sanctuary is closed on Mondays and Fridays.
Other afternoons we offer a tour at 3:15 pm. (Please arrive by 3:00 pm.) We also have two tours on Saturday mornings, one at 11:00 am and another at 12:00 pm.
As a non-profit charity we depend on donations in order to provide for our animals and keep the sanctuary running. While there is no required admission fee, there is a suggested minimum donation of $5.00 for each visitor, though of course any amount beyond that will be accepted and greatly appreciated. No one will be denied visiting due to an inability to make a donation. Donations are tax-deductable.
During your visit we provide:
- Access to the covered viewing area around the enclosures – where you are able to see all of the wolves and wolfdogs.
- A guided tour where you will learn about wolves and wolfdogs and the stories of our animals and the Sanctuary.
- And, if conditions allow, a personal visit with one of our “Ambassador” animals who has been specially trained to interact with people (for those visitors who wish to participate).
Thanks to many generous helpers and companies who assisted by donating their services and supplies, Saint Francis Wolf Sanctuary is wheelchair-accessible and includes a wheelchair-accessible portable bathroom facility.
- An appointment is required in order to visit—please don’t show up unannounced.
- Please arrive promptly as we cannot guarantee appointments for late arrivals. Since we are located at a private residence, we also request that you not arrive too early.
- Please do not bring any animals with you. Our wolves don’t like other animals, and it’s dangerous to leave an animal in your car.
- Parents must be responsible for their children, and should ensure that their children behave appropriately. Running, jumping, and screaming will bother our animals, and may also stimulate their prey drive.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- We try to have water on hand, but this is not always the case, so if it’s a hot day you may want to bring your own.
- We recommend wearing clothes that you won’t mind getting dirty.
- We have a gift shop which you are welcome to browse. At this time, we are only able to accept payment by cash or check.
Release forms must be read, filled out entirely, and signed by each individual before access will be allowed or contact with or proximity to any of the wolves or wolfdogs at Saint Francis Wolf Sanctuary will be permitted. These forms are available at the Sanctuary, but it may save time if you print and fill out a form to bring with you when you come, particularly if you are a large group.
Saint Francis Wolf Sanctuary
2757 Saint Beulah Chapel Rd
Driving Directions from I-45 in Conroe on TX Hwy 105 (Exit 87):
- Travel WEST on TX Hwy 105 to the town of Montgomery at FM 149 – approximately 15 miles from I-45.
- Continue WEST on TX Hwy 105 approximately 3 miles past Montgomery.
- Turn LEFT over the railway crossing onto Old Dobbin Road.
- Follow Old Dobbin Road past the gated entrance of Perfection Ranch, and turn LEFT onto St. Beulah Road – approximately 0.5 miles.
- Continue on St. Beulah to the end. The road ends at a private drive, with an indented parking area on the right.
- Note: please do not block the gate off to the left, which needs to be kept clear for emergency vehicles.
- Once you arrive and park, open and walk through the large gate with the big Wolf Sanctuary sign, then close the gate behind you. Walk down the pathway to the Sanctuary and enjoy watching the pack until one of our volunteers meets you there.